Sunday, June 21, 2009

OMAR SOLEYMAN



Sublime Frequencies, the label run by the dudes from Sun City Girls, have released a record by this Syrian musician Omar Soleyman. It's very dancey, pretty catchy, and has some tripped out drum machine and keyboard action, and 'exotic' rhythms. I've been listening to this record at least twice a day. It's esp. good to exercise to.

Things to note in the video: I love how people are dancing shoulder to shoulder in a line and how Omar 'makes it rain'. Oh and his 'discussion' at the doorway of what I assume to be his lover is pretty funny too. They work it out and enter the room hand in hand. I don't know if this is risque for Arab culture, but I'm assuming it means they're going to do it doggy style.

Let me know if you want to find the download and I'll forward you the link.

No comments: