Friday, October 2, 2009

I DON'T Love you, (ASS) Man

Photobucket

I tried watching I Love You, Man (2009). Even on a peripheral level of attention in the studio today, this movie made me ornery. You might say, "Why?". This is because I needed something dumb on to distract me from my inner-angst, and it still failed at its purpose. This Paul Rudd, Judd Apatow-branded, mediocre-fest failed me and humanity. There has to be a word out there for work that is so mediocre it makes you want to take stab a screwdriver into my pillow. No, face.
How about "over-ocred"? Well, let me know if you think of something better.

I've decided that this Apatow brand is consistently sexist on a weird level towards it female characters and relies on the same kind of gags to distract its audience from its safe, conservative constraints. Namely, gags that involve vomiting, explicit sex jokes, and farts. They're playing for the middle, but the middle sucks. So hard.

No comments: