Thursday, November 19, 2009

I am not who you think I am because I am who I says I was

I ordinarily do not like to make fun of people, except those who misspell racist epithets, like to dress babies like Hitler, or play D&D, but this is just asking for it, esp. because the people who started this email chain potentially cost me time and money. That part of the story is a bore.

Instead, I will share these emails I get from the people who helped make this organization as brainless as possible. Granted, some of those who chimed in are not brainless and had something substantive to say to an otherwise hollow brain teaser of an email. But most of them need to just go breed or something. (Sorry, I am ornery today!)

It started with this email:


"Hi Everyone,

In the spirit of team building, I thought it would be fun to do a little exercise geared towards getting to know one another.

Please answer the following question, and send back to either just myself, or reply all if you are feeling really brave:

"I am not who you think I am....."


Any interpretation of this question is great....I am excited to hear back from as many as you who are willing to take out a few minutes of your busy day....."

Best, [mentally deficient team leader]


And here's the first humdinger:

"I am not who you think I am. I am someone you don't know yet I'm just like you. I'm caught in the same struggle of everyday life. I am not who you think I am. I am really just a dancer yearning to break free of these golden plated chains. I am a simple person with revolutionary thoughts. For the record...being vegetarian doesn't make you any more revolutionary. That's a dietary choice. I am not who you think I am. I am an open-minded, culturally aware, former activist, student, teacher. I am not a human doing am a human being and I'm a PC. :)"

No comments: