Monday, August 23, 2010

Connie loves it when I trip



Connie was my favorite student at my last p/t job. She also happened to be the most socially active member of the class. She could be very affectionate, sometimes embracing a teacher or fellow student spontaneously, kissing them on the head. This was especially unique because direct communication between students rarely happened. Each of them seemed to be in their own world, and it was difficult to feel like I had access to it.

At the start of my stint, the staff would give her coffee in the morning. She drank it with relish. The downside to this was that she became obsessed with coffee and was constantly asking for more. She was also somewhat of a pre-Madonna, being very demanding for attention during class time. This was especially hard when I was dealing with 10 students per class, many of whom demanding attention in their own particular way.

My favorite thing about Connie was that she had a slightly silly and even devious sense of humor. She loved it when I would pretend to sneeze ("ACHOOOOO!!!!") or snort like a pig. She always busted a gut when I did that and say "One more!"; then I'd do it again and she'd keep laughing without fail. It wasn't until I was walking to the kitchen, having tripped on the carpet, that I knew what made her laugh the hardest: she was laughing at my unintentional pratfall! So then it became an ongoing joke when I would pretend to trip and she'd slap her knee in glee and say "One more!".

She's a saucy lady who would slap my butt like a tough Italian grandma. I will miss her the most.

The video isn't a very good rep. of Connie, as she seemed a bit tired when I shot this, but it's what I have to show.

No comments: